Under eye hollows Overview
Dark circles affect approximately 10% of the world population and are one of the most common skin conditions experienced in India. These are caused by the following reasons:
- Hereditary, congenital, familial
- Bony framework alignment (cheek bone, orbit walls)
- Skin thickness
- Vascularity (prominent blood vessels)
- Shadow effect
The patients might complain of cosmetic blemish, hollowness under the eye, tiredness, grogginess and feel sleepy. A bespoke plan needs to be created for each patient based on the extent and severity of dark circles.
One size doesn’t fit all when it comes to treating dark circles. Depending on the root cause, various treatment options are explored. While a healthy lifestyle, nutrition, and sleep help reduce the generalised inflammation, vascularity, and water collection below the lids- these methods don’t typically permanently eliminate the look of dark circles. The commonly used treatments are:
- soft tissue fillers to fill the crater
- cosmetic injectables to iron out the skin ageing changes
- cosmeceuticals to correct skin pigmentation and,
- lasers for increased vascularity
These should be tried only after consulting an experienced specialist like Dr Shubhra Goel.
Clinica Fai Proprietary Treatment
Clinica Fai has developed an exclusive Dark Circle Treatment which will provide you:
- A detailed understanding of reasons and severity of your specific dark circles (why, what, how)
- A bespoke treatment plan just for you which provides holistic, and evidence-based treatment.
- A clear understanding of what kind of results will be achieved.
The Clinica Fai promise
- Safe, reliable, proven, and predictable treatment
- Guaranteed improvement in severity of your dark circles
- Elimination of negative emotional quotient perceived due to dark circles.
Which one do you have?
- Mild (CF Grade 1)
- Moderate (CF Grade 2)
- Advanced (CF Grade 3)
Lifestyle changes to reduce dark circles
While lifestyle changes can reduce the prominence of dark circles, they cannot entirely remove them unless the underlying root cause is addressed. Some ways to reduce the appearance are:
- regularise your sleep routine,
- limit screen time, if possible, especially before going to bed
- minimise caffeine and salt intake.
- practise meditation and eye exercises
- hydrate yourself
- have a healthy lifestyle in terms of body, mind, and soul.
Facilities & Services
Clinica Fai is India’s leading eye and face plastic surgery clinic. We have our state-of-the-art clinic based on international standards in Jubilee Hills Hyderabad. When you come to Clinica Fai for your treatment, we will work closely with you throughout your journey to provide you with a customised treatment plan to meet your needs and budget. We have partnerships with leading hospitals like Apollo Hospitals and other cosmetic clinics like Youniq for ancillary and complementary treatments.
Home remedies can give temporary relief and reduce the prominence of dark circles in some cases. This depends on the root cause. Effective therapies apply potato juice, tomato juice, cucumber, aloe vera gel and cold tea bags. Use them diligently for 4-6 weeks. These may not eradicate the dark circles. These remedies help reduce the water collection or puffiness and shrink the blood vessels to some extent and temporarily. To address the actual underlying cause, you need to see a specialist.
Under-eye dark circles can indicate fluid retention, which may indicate an underlying condition. It may mean potential issues with your kidneys, heart or thyroid. It is always recommended to see a specialist to rule out any severe health conditions.
You can massage under your eyes twice a day with Vitamin-E oil. There are pressure applicators available which, when used, may reduce the lymphatic fluid collection around the eyes. One can use tinted sunscreens to camouflage the residual dark circles.
This may be beneficial since micro-needling improves skin elasticity. The collagen plumps up the skin and makes it firmer. This gives you a youthful appearance too.
Naturally available or medically induced vitamins K, C, E, A, B3, & B12, are suitable for supplementing other more permanent treatments for dark circles. It is better to include essential vegetables and fruits in your diet.
Yes, genetics plays a huge role, and some inherit this trait from their childhood. As they mature, the condition can either worsen or disappear slowly.
Hydroquinone is a skincare chemical used to fade out dark spots and reduce hyperpigmentation. It may work under dark eye circles. But Hydroquinone should never be used without physician supervision as it can have side effects. For any visible results, one has to apply regularly for 3 months.